Fusion Operation Center Networking Engineer - W2 Only
Major Utility is seeking several Security Engineers for assignments and positions in Allentown, Pa.
These are W2 positions ONLY, (NO AGENCIES)
If interested send resume to
Kevin Lester 973 805 7004.....klester@GALENTECHSOLUTIONS.COM
There are 6 positions total. 2 in the Fusion Operations Center (FOC) and 4 in the Security Operations Center (SOC).
- For FOC/Fusion roles, networking experience is helpful
- Any certifications in networking helpful for both FOC/SOC
Fusion Operation Center: has worked in a NOC is a good candidate or that has networking experience. Computing and Networking Fundamentals
- Top 5 technical skills/tools: Networking, Monitoring, troubleshooting, Configuring: switches, ups, ATS units, Incident and Response
- What testing tools /automation tools: SCOM, SolarWinds, Windows basic,
- What typical issues does this person resolve: failures (network, servers, services, citrix )
- Is it server support? If so what server is running ? rebooting only linux, cisco, HP
- Need certain disaster recovery or security tools? no
- Any hands on or all remote support? Yes to both
The IT Systems Analyst (Fusion Ops Center) plans, monitors, operates, and maintains critical IT and OT systems. They serve as the change clearinghouse and coordinator of work in change windows. They are also in charge of monitoring all events and triaging event alerts in the enterprise IT / OT environment, and escalate exception conditions.
This position is required to do shift work.
The Associate level uses established procedures under immediate guidance and instruction from supervisor or more senior level IT Systems Analyst.
The Intermediate level uses established procedures under moderate guidance and direction from supervisor or more senior level IT Systems Analyst.
The Senior level performs assigned tasks under minimal guidance from supervisor.
The Associate level performs routine assignments using established procedures in the below areas.
The Intermediate level performs a variety of assignments and solves problems using established procedures in the below areas.
The Senior level performs a variety of complex assignments (may lead some projects) and analyzes and solves complex problems in the below areas.
System Monitoring and Reporting:
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures and training plans as they apply to IT and OT systems, maintenance and usage
- Monitor overall performance of IT and OT systems
- Generate IT and OT system usage and inventory reports
- Support activities pertaining to the change clearinghouse and coordination of work in change windows
- Track incidents related to IT and OT systems
Incident Investigation and Corrective Response:
- Operate within prescribed guidelines to troubleshoot, diagnose problems, and restore IT and OT system services as quickly as possible while limiting business impact
- Provide customer support for issues that require hands-on service related to IT and OT systems
- Triage incident locations to empower efficient responses
- Support IT and OT systems’ service management lifecycle, ensuring client satisfaction and management of risk to services
- Conduct root-cause analysis to eliminate reoccurring issues
- Complete necessary break fix, design, and engineering technology changes for IT and OT systems as part of regular maintenance
- Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
- May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of related work experience (Associate level requirement)
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related work experience OR 6 years of related work experience (Intermediate level requirement)
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience OR 8 years of related work experience (Senior level requirement)
- Must be willing to work shift work
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers
- Easily adapts to changing circumstances
- Understands business goals and strategic priorities
- Promotes respect and can work effectively with diverse groups and environments
- Experience maintaining and supporting collaboration tools across all channels (desktop / laptop / mobile), while ensuring business SLA requirements are being met
- Experience working within customer care function and delivering superior customer experience
- Experience working with customer care technologies (e.g., ServiceNow)
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of specific testing tools (e.g., Windows automation tool)
- Ability to establish and maintain the appropriate programs to recover the systems in the event of a disaster or security threat
- Presents a creative approach to problems
- Experience supporting fast-changing business organizations