Galen Technology Solutions is seeking a Sr. Java/Perl Developer - Datawarehouse for a long term W-2 contract opportunity at our direct IB client based in Jersey City, NJ.
Note: This is a direct hire W2 only position. Unable to accept, transfer, or process any resumes submitted by recruiters, companies or for sponsorship
- The right person for this job will excel working in a distributed development model, is a self-starter and motivated to explore ideas to come up with innovative solutions in a fast paced environment and preferably have experience working in financial services.
- The role will require tight collaboration with the technology lead and application manager to improve and evolve to meet current & future business needs.
- Candidate must have expertise in implementing core Java applications as well as multi-tiered Java applications.
- Candidate should be fluent in related technologies including messaging, database, web server technologies and associated Java development tools.
- Knowledge of relational database theory, SQL, stored procedures and other data manipulation technologies is necessary.
- Daily tasks will include designing, developing and supporting scalable and highly parallelized applications and services on a Linux based distributed architecture.
- Expertise in core Java/Perl programming (8 years)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in using Spring and Hibernate
- Experience in using web services to integrate applications
- Execute development tasks that follow the development processes and meets requirements
- Strong understanding of RDBMS databases and SQL to interrogate and manipulate data when developing (Sybase preferred)
- Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Writing robust unit, integration, and acceptance test suites
- Manage multiple priorities effectively
- Tibco, JMS or MQ messaging
- Experience in using in-memory caching tools like GIGASPACE will be considered
- Knowledge of working in the Finance domain highly considered
- Experience of agile development methodologies, e.g. Scrum
- University graduate or equivalent, preferably in a quantitative degree: math, sciences, computing or finance-related degree
Word resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org